- The no-contact period has been extended through May 1, 2020. This applies to all high school and JA sports at NDA. Coaches can still contact student-athletes
electronically and can still send fitness workouts to student-athletes to do at home. There will be NO practices, group gatherings, or instruction during this time.
- The Governor’s “stay at home” order should continue to be observed during this time. NDA’s campus and indoor and outdoor facilities are closed through May 1st.
- Spring sports now would not start until May 2nd. The exact details are not available, but the OHSAA is planning on an abbreviated spring sports schedule provided schools are able to reopen. This could change depending on the Dept. of Health guidelines and the Governor’s orders.
- OHSAA regulations for June and July may be altered provided group activities are able to start by then. Nothing has been finalized.
- The OHSAA is looking at worst-case scenarios in the event that the fall sports season is delayed.
These are difficult times for everyone. Student-athletes are encouraged to continue to keep up on their school work and stay fit. To help with at home fitness, Athlete HQ is offering free Zoom fitness sessions Monday-Friday at 3:30 PM. Email NDA’s strength coach Austin Burger at AthleteHQ.Austin@gmail.com for the Zoom invite. Additionally, student-athletes can view the at home exercises NDA’s athletic trainer Kate Skoczyn put together here.
We are all in this together and we will get through this! Stay healthy, wash your hands, stay home, and Go Eagles!