**3/22/2020: Per Governor DeWine’s “Stay at Home” Order, NDA’s athletic facilities are now closed through April 6, 2020, and spring sports practices cannot begin until April 7, 2020. The dates are updated below.**
NDA has suspended all athletic activities and events due to the state mandated shutdown because of the coronavirus COVID-19. The OHSAA announced on 3/13/2020 that it has implemented a MANDATORY no-contact period for all school-sponsored sports through April 6, 2020 and there will be a mandatory shut down of facilities used for the purpose of conducting athletic activities through April 6, 2020. This applies to NDA’s high school lacrosse, rowing (even though it is not an OHSAA sport), softball, and track & field programs. It also applies to NDJA sports. NDA’s inside and outside facilities are closed to student-athletes until April 7th.
This is the tentative plan for resuming spring sports at NDA provided the shutdown is not extended:
April 7 – 10 MANDATORY Practices (no practices on Good Friday)
April 11 All Scrimmages/Regular Season Contests may begin (no practices or contests on Easter Sunday)
Tournaments will remain on dates as currently scheduled.
Each student-athlete, parent, and coach should review this OHSAA “Q and A”: https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/files/Sports/OHSAASpr-WinQ’sA’s.pdf?sv=2017-04-17&sr=b&si=DNNFileManagerPolicy&sig=dknbeJXbz7khNlP%2B0qaiMnO4M2UkP55q29ZrBrNS20I%3D
- Since none of NDA’s spring sports teams have participated in a scrimmage yet, our spring sports student-athletes are not prohibited by OHSAA regulations from training with their club team during this time, but the 50% rule still applies. Individual instruction from an outside coach is also permitted. Any kind of group training or get-togethers is HIGHLY DISCOURAGED during this time. Student-athletes should inform their head coach if they choose either option. NDA coaches will not be leading, organizing, or helping with any kind of practices, coaching, fitness, or skill instruction on or off campus until April 7th.
- NDA Athletic Booster fees have not been billed through FACTS and they will not be billed until the season starts back up.
- All contests that have been scheduled through April 10th have been canceled/postponed.
- Spring Sports Pictures scheduled for 3/17 are canceled and will be rescheduled on to be determined date.
- It is NDA’s hope that the spring sports seasons will continue on April 7th (which is during our Easter Break). We will communicate any changes.
- NDA coronavirus COVID-19 Updates and Resources: https://nda.org/coronavirus-covid-19-updates-and-information/
- The Ohio Department of Health website with information about this virus: coronavirus.ohio.gov.
Please contact Athletic Director Gary Snyder with questions at email@example.com.
Stay healthy and Go Eagles!